An Important Message from Dental Care Group
Hi everyone. As a patient of the Dental Care Group, we hope you know that your health has always been our primary concern. In fact, the well-being of our entire community is our priority. We are watching the spread of the COVID-19 carefully, and we are alert to the dangers it presents.
Our regular infection control procedures (high-level sterilization, masks, gloves, and eyewear) do not allow the spread of any viruses or bacteria, so our clinics remain very safe. Unlike most public spaces, we are continually disinfecting our workspace.
Any of our staff that shows any signs of flu symptoms must stay home. None of our team members have left the country in the last month
We are also taking the following steps:
1) We ask that any patients who have recently travelled to areas with a large number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 (China, Iran, South Korea, Singapore, Italy, Washington State, New Rochelle, NY, etc. or any cruise ships) communicate with the front-desk staff. As regular patient care is not an emergency, we will postpone your appointment for at least 2 weeks;
2) We ask that any patient who has flu or flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, difficulty breathing, etc.) postpone their appointments for at least 2 weeks;
3) We ask parents or those accompanying our patients who have flu-like symptoms to wait outside of the office;
4) We have also removed our magazines and waiting room toys at this time;
5) We ask that everyone entering and exiting our office use hand sanitizer;
Please respect those who prefer, in these times of heightened sensibilities, to not shake hands. A simple nod or smile will suffice.
Remember, the two most powerful ways to avoid catching and/or spreading a virus is to: 1) Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and 2) Try to refrain from touching your face, nose or eyes as much as possible.
These, along with other common-sense and Health-Canada recommended measures (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html), will help us maintain a healthy workspace for all.
We will continue to monitor this situation and regularly communicate should there be a need. We ask that everyone help in continuing to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all who enter our office.
Dr. Chris Binert and the Dental Care Group Team